Responsible BHPH Practices
Practices Utilized by Responsible BHPH Dealers:
- We will only sell vehicles with clean titles.
- We will follow all state and federal laws, as well as post business licenses in common areas for public inspection.
- We will not knowingly sell a vehicle with mechanical problems that may interfere with dependable transportation.
- We will post a buyer’s guide on every vehicle.
- Warranty information will be clearly communicated in writing and we will stand behind what we promise to do.
- We will not pull a credit report on customer without proper authorization.
- Before purchasing a vehicle, the customer may take a reasonable test drive, and may take the vehicle to an independent mechanic for inspection.
- We will work with our customers to make sure the terms financially fit their budget.
- We will follow laws and regulations, as well as industry best practices, to prevent fraud and identity theft and to secure the customer’s private information.
- We will make sure the customer understands the price and terms of the vehicle before we ask them sign the contract.
- We will never ask the customer to sign a blank agreement.
- Any items promised by the dealer at the time of sale will be documented in writing in the form of a “due bill” or “we owe” statement that will be provided to the customer.
- We will provide a copy of all paperwork signed by the customer to the customer before they leave.
- We will disclose any return or warranty policies and will provide these in writing at the time of the sale.
- We will provide a receipt for all payments made by our customers at our locations.
- We will inform the customer if their payment history will be reported to credit bureaus.